Interesting Facts about Roulette
A popular and refreshing casino game is live roulette. This ancient game has been updated through its history and can be found in almost all the casinos – both online and land based casinos. With the coming of the online roulette games, it has become more accessible and thus more popular among players of all ages. Also with the coming of online roulette, several new varieties of the game have come up.
Below you can read just a small selection of the interesting facts about roulette.
- Roulette was invented accidentally. It was actually the byproduct of famous French mathematician Blaise Pascals’s experiment on perpetual motion.
- The American roulette wheel has double zero which was earlier sometimes represented by the symbol of the American eagle.
- On the roulette table, the betting areas covered with a cloth which is called the “layout”.
- Roulette is a very glamorous game and very much favoured by Hollywood. This is evident from the fact that its presence can be found in famous movies like Casablanca and Diamonds are Forever.
- In French, “roulette” actually means “little wheel”.
- In a roulette game the croupiers or the dealers use a marker to identify the winning numbers. This plastic marker is known as “dolly”. Dolly actually refers to a piece of wood designed to be placed on something in order to prevent it from destruction or damage.
- Roulette is sometimes known as Devil’s game. It is so because if all the numbers on the roulette wheel is added up, it equals to 666 which is supposedly the Devils number according to the Bible.
- In roulette the numbers are assigned in a random manner and the slots in the wheel are coloured alternatively. Do not think that there is no reason behind the arrangement. The arrangement is related to mathematics; the inventors have arranges them as mathematically as possible so that it is fair and neutral.
- Though there are several systems in the market which promises the players guaranteed wins, the fact is that there is no roulette betting systems which can guarantee consistent wins in roulette. Albert Einstein once remarked that a roulette table cannot be beaten unless money is stolen from it!
- The worst bet in American roulette is the one involving the 5 numbers – 00, 0, 1, 2, 3. In this bet the house edge is as high as 7.89%.
- Like the European version, French roulette also has only one zero.
These are only some of the interesting facts amongst hundreds about live roulette – the king of casino games.